The Port Commission of the Port of Edmonds held a regularly scheduled meeting at 7 p.m., Monday, Aug. 30.
– Received a briefing from Craig Stewart of Imagine Edmonds. He stated that the group’s purpose is to encourage a greater level of dialogue from the local citizenry, particularly in regard to identifying strategic goals for Edmonds’ future.
– Heard a quarterly report on Harbor Square operations from Northwest Country Management.
– Received a report on Marina Operations for second quarter of 2010, and reviewed second quarter financial statements for the marina and rental properties.
– Approved the scope of work and budget for the public outreach phase of the Harbor Square redevelopment master plan.
– Acknowledged a proposed five-year moorage rate plan as a working draft for continued review and tenant/public input on developing future moorage rates.
The next regularly scheduled Port Commission meeting will be a workshop session on the 2011 budget. It will be at 7 p.m., Monday, Sept. 13, in the Port Commission meeting room. Specific items scheduled for discussion include the 2011 Economic Development budget philosophy and the 2011 property tax levy philosophy.