9th and Main fire deemed electrical, causes $5,000 in damage

259
0
Updated Monday with details from Snohomish County Fire District No. 1.
Snohomish County Fire District 1 firefighters respond to a fire near 9th and Main Saturday.

Firefighters responded to this fire call at 12:55 p.m. and quickly extinguished a small fire in the bedroom. The cause was electrical, and damage (mostly smoke) was estimated at $5,000 to the bedroom contents.

All of the home’s occupants got out safely and two cats were also saved (one was chased out by crews nd a second was in hiding and is fine). Renters who lived in the house had insurance  and so do the owners, said Fire District 1 spokesperson Leslie Hynes. 

“Fire crews were impressed that the renters closed the door to the bedroom and stuffed a towel under it to contain the fire,” Hynes said.

LEAVE A REPLY