One thing’s for certain: Anyone living in Edmonds has no reason to be bored this weekend. From performances on stage and screen to civic events, there’s a host of opportunities to choose from, and we’ve summarized them here:
– Emmy-winning comedienne Vicki Lawrence and her alter ego “Mama” bring their “two-woman” show to Edmonds Center for the Arts this Friday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, priced at $15-$55, are available online at www.ec4arts.org or by phone at 425- 275-9595.
– Edmonds Heights K-12 school, 23200 100th Ave. W., presents “Into the Woods,” a tale about the consequences and complications that come from getting your wish and featuring a cast of well-known fairy tale characters. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the door. Curtain goes up at 7 p.m. The performance is repeated at 7 p.m. Saturday and at 2 p.m. Sunday.
– Edmonds-Woodway High School performs “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels,” a hilarious tale of greed, corruption, deception and unpredictable friendships,” based on the films of the same name. The performance will be at 7 p.m. at Mountlake Terrace High School theater, 21801 44th Ave. W. and is repeated Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. General admission is $8.
The Coen brothers’ remake of True Grit, starring Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon and Josh Brolin, is at the Edmonds Theater, 415 Main St., with showtimes Friday at 4:30 and 7 p.m., Saturday at 7 and 9:15 p.m. and Sunday at 2, 4:30 and 7 p.m.
– The City of Edmonds is holding a design workshop for citizens interested in the future development of the Westgate and Five Corners commercial areas. The meeting will be in the Plaza Room, located above the Edmonds Library at 650 Main St., from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be available.
– State lawmakers from Legislative districts representing Edmonds will be hosting community meetings in the following locations: 21st District at the Rosehill Community Center, 304 Lincoln Ave., Mukilteo, from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; 1st District at Mountlake Terrace Library from 3-4:30 p.m.; 32nd District at Third Place Commons, 17171 Bothell Way N.W., Lake Forest Park, at 10 a.m.
– The Louis Braille School is holding its annual fundraising auction from 1-4 p.m. at the Edmonds Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave. Admission is $15 and light refreshments will be served. Walk-ins are welcome.
– The Edmonds-based, Irish step-dancing Gothard sisters will open for Irish sister-duo Sephira in a special St. Patrick’s Day show at 7:30 p.m. at the Shorecrest Performing Arts Center, 15343 25th Ave. N.E., Shoreline.
The “Impressions — Paper & Stone” exhibit continues at the Frances Anderson Center, 700 Main St. A collaboration between artists Jim Ballard and Richard Hestekind. The exhibit may be viewed during building hours, Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-9 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m.-4 p.m., through March 15.