Tuesday night’s Edmonds City Council agenda includes a discussion of levy options that could be presented to citizens in the upcoming election cycle. Mayor Mike Cooper sent his proposal for a $2.26 million levy to the council March 30, but it’s likely that councilmembers will propose their own ideas.
In addition, the council is scheduled to:
– Hear a report on the New Energy Cities action plan.
– Hold a public hearing on a plan to surplus city utility assets.
– Review and approve an agreement for legal representation of indigent defendants.
– Consider a request to authorize issuance of a Request for Proposal (RFP) to develop a citywide strategic plan.
– In anticipation of more pedestrian-friendly development in the Westgate neighborhood, consider a proposed interim zoning ordinance that would reduce the minimum 20-foot street setback to 5 feet in the BN zone.
In addition, on the council consent agenda is final approval of a site lease for roof space on the Frances Anderson Center and an Energy Services Agreement with the Edmonds Community Solar Cooperative to facilitate construction of a community solar energy system.
The complete council agenda is here. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Public Safety Complex, 250 5th Ave. N. The council’s Public Safety and Human Resources Committee will meet prior to the Council meeting, starting at 5:30 p.m