The world’s largest touring grill, which can barbecue up to 750 bratwursts at the same time, is appearing at TOP Food & Drug in Edmonds on Sunday — and it’s all for a good cause.
Johnsonville’s 65-foot-long Big Taste Grill will be serving guests from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at TOP Food & Drug, 21900 Highway 99. A barbecued brat and soft drink will be sold for $2, and all proceeds will go to the Edmonds Food Bank.
“This is an ideal opportunity for families to enjoy viewing such a unique vehicle while supporting the Edmonds Food Bank,” said Becky Skaggs, spokesperson for TOP Food & Drug.
The Big Taste Grill (www.BigTasteGrill.com) has appeared at major events throughout the country, including multiple Super Bowls, the Daytona 500 and the Kentucky Derby. The entire tractor-trailer unit weighs 54,000 pounds (27 tons) and is 65 feet long and 20 feet high. The Big Taste Grill’s features include:
– Liquid propane gas that provides 440,000 BTUs of grilling power.
– A 6,000-pound lid with an 8-foot handle that is opened with a hydraulic system.
– A 4-foot-wide walkway set up along the border of the grill that gives plenty of room for more than 12 grillmasters at a time.
– A 100-gallon water storage tank for hot and cold running water.
– A refrigeration unit that can hold a half-ton of brats.