You have a few more hours to see the world’s largest touring grill, which can barbecue up to 750 bratwursts at the same time, at TOP Food & Drug in Edmonds and benefit the Edmonds Food Bank.
The 65-foot-long Big Taste Grill from Johnsonville is serving until 3 p.m. at TOP Food & Drug, 21900 Highway 99. Volunteers from the Edmonds Food Bank are staffing a booth next to the truck, selling a barbecued brat and soft drink is $2.
Manning the barbecue is Dave Zweifel, who drives the truck to various locations around the U.S. for a good cause. Zweifel said he just came from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, where he cooked up meals for survivors of recent tornadoes there. He also drove the truck to Louisiana and served victims of Hurricane Katrina, he said.
“This is an ideal opportunity for families to enjoy viewing such a unique vehicle while supporting the Edmonds Food Bank,” said Becky Skaggs, spokesperson for TOP Food & Drug.
The Big Taste Grill (www.BigTasteGrill.com) has appeared at major events throughout the country, including multiple Super Bowls, the Daytona 500 and the Kentucky Derby. The entire tractor-trailer unit weighs 54,000 pounds (27 tons) and is 65 feet long and 20 feet high. The Big Taste Grill’s features include:
– Liquid propane gas that provides 440,000 BTUs of grilling power.
– A 6,000-pound lid with an 8-foot handle that is opened with a hydraulic system.
– A 4-foot-wide walkway set up along the border of the grill that gives plenty of room for more than 12 grillmasters at a time.
– A 100-gallon water storage tank for hot and cold running water.
– A refrigeration unit that can hold a half-ton of brats.