Andy Cline, owner of Cline Jewelers in downtown Edmonds, announced that the deadline has been extended for a new jewelry design competition that is open to all area artists. The winning design will be selected by a local panel of judges, with a first-prize award of $500.
Interested participants should submit an Edmonds-themed pendant/charm design no later than 6 p.m., Thursday, June 30. Entries must be submitted in person at Cline Jewelers, 105 5th Ave. S. (next to Starbuck’s). Store hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday.
Contest rules are as follows:
- Design should be for an Edmonds-themed pendant/charm no larger than 1 inch in diameter;
- Any gemstones used in the design must be 2.5 mm or less;
- Entries are limited to 1 per artist.
- Creativity of design;
- Adherence to Edmonds theme;
- Technical merit of design.
- 1st prize – $500*
- 2nd prize – $250 Cline Jewelers gift certificate
- 3rd prize – $100 Cline Jewelers gift certificate
The winning design will be the property of Cline Jewelers. Any questions regarding the contest should be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.