A suspicious fire caused minor damage to a fireworks stand in the Edmonds area early Friday morning.
The incident was reported at 1:53 a.m. at a fireworks stand in the 23200 block of Edmonds Way. Fireworks are banned in the City of Edmonds, but this property is in an area of unincorporated Snohomish County just outside the city limits.
“Two employees at a neighboring business saw flames flying over a fence from a condominium complex to the south of the fireworks stand,” said Leslie Hynes, public information officer for Snohomish County Fire District 1. “They immediately went out and used fire extinguishers to put out the fire before it could do much damage.”
The fire scorched the side of the fireworks stand. Firefighters located two bottles that had been filled with a flammable liquid and tossed at the fireworks stand. The two employees who reported the fire told firefighters they heard a car leaving the condominium complex while they were extinguishing the fire.
Anyone with information that might help in the investigation can contact Snohomish County Deputy Fire Marshal Mike Makela at 425- 388-3557.