Edmonds-area fire calls, Dec. 1-7


Snohomish County Fire District 1 responded to 337 calls the week of Dec. 1-7: 278 emergency medical aid calls, 13 fires, 12 motor vehicle collisions, nine service calls, 21 automatic fire alarms, three natural gas leaks and one carbon monoxide alarm. The following calls took place in or near Edmonds:

Dec. 1

COLLISION: At 5:18 p.m., three cars collided on the ramp from southbound I-405 to southbound I-5. Firefighters transported one patient to Evergreen Hospital.

Dec. 3

PEDESTRIAN STRUCK BY CAR: At 8:17 p.m., a pedestrian was struck by a car at 220th Street Southwest and Highway 99 in Edmonds. The pedestrian, a man in his 60s, was unconscious following the collision. Firefighters transported the man by medic unit to Harborview Medical Center.

Dec. 4

COLLISION. At 8:32 a.m., a car went off of a 10-foot embankment at 196th Street Southwest and 88th Avenue West in Edmonds, flipped over and came to rest upside down in the parking lot of the Maplewood Rock and Gem Club. Firefighters had to cut through the wreckage to free the driver, who was seriously injured. No one else was in the car. The driver was transported by medic unit to Harborview Medical Center where she died from her injuries.

Dec. 5

CAR FIRE. At 9:46 a.m., firefighters extinguished a car fire at 220th Street Southwest and 70th Avenue West in Mountlake Terrace. No one was injured.

COLLISION. At 2:24 p.m., firefighters transported one patient to Swedish/Edmonds Hospital after responding to a collision in the 13400 block of Highway 99 north of Lynnwood.

PEDESTRIAN STRUCK BY CAR. At 11:25 p.m., a pedestrian was struck by a car at 220th Street Street Southwest and Highway 99 in Edmonds. Firefighters transported the injured pedestrian to Swedish/Edmonds Hospital.

Dec. 7

HOUSE FIRE. At 12:23 p.m., a woman reported a fire in her home in the 23700 block of 112th Place West in Woodway. Smoke alarms alerted her to the fire and she was able to safely exit the house. No one else was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries. Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control and contained the flames to the living room, but there was heavy smoke damage throughout the house. The loss is estimated at more than $100,000. Investigators determined the fire was started by an electrical problem with an artificial Christmas tree.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here