It will be a busy first meeting for new Edmonds Mayor Dave Earling as the Edmonds City Council is scheduled to address a wide range of issues Tuesday night. Among the agenda items:
– Adoption of ordinances related to the refinancing of general obligation and revenue bonds.
– A public hearing on a potential amendment to the Comprehensive Plan Map that would adjust the boundaries of the Medical/Highway 99 Activity Center.
– A public hearing on a proposal to grant exceptions from city code building height limits for certain solar energy installations and replacement of existing rooftop equipment with energy-efficient upgrades.
– Discussion on five projects related to the Capital Facilities Plan Element update (2012-2017) to the City’s Comprehensive Plan and Capital Improvement Program: Five Corners Roundabout, 9th Avenue transportation improvements, Traffic Calming Program, 4th Avenue Cultural Corridor and Public Market.
– Further discussion about elements to be included in the Non-Represented Salary and Benefits Study
– Extension of sunset date for Citizens Economic Development Commission.
The council will convene at 6:30 p.m. and then meet in executive session to discuss labor negotiations, followed by the regular council meeting at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Public Safety Complex, 250 5th Ave. N. You can view the complete agenda here.