Small electrical fire at Edmonds apartment complex displaces three


A small fire caused about $25,000 damage to the electrical systems of an Edmonds apartment complex and displaced residents from three units Wednesday afternoon.

A resident of the Edmonds Apartments in the 300 block of 4th Ave. N. reported the fire at 1:42 p.m. All residents safely exited the building and there were no injuries.

Firefighters arrived to find light smoke and small flames coming from the roof, said Leslie Hynes, public information officer for Snohomish County Fire District 1, which provides fire and emergency medical services in the City of Edmonds.

“Wires on the roof were arcing. Firefighters kept the fire in check until a utility crew arrived and cut the power,” Hynes said.

The fire caused light smoke damage to one apartment unit and damaged the electrical system for three units. The three units will be without power and will be uninhabitable until repairs can be made. Red Cross responded to assist the three displaced residents.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *