The Edmonds City Council is accepting applications from Edmonds residents interested in being appointed to fill the Position 1 seat being vacated by long-time Councilmember Michael Plunkett, who announced that he is resigning effective June 4.
The City of Edmonds is a Mayor/Council form of government with regularly scheduled meetings on Tuesday evenings. Councilmembers are elected for seven (7) at-large positions and represent all citizens. The monthly salary is $600 per month plus $50 per meeting (a maximum of 8 meetings monthly) or $1,000.
You can apply in the following ways:
– Online at www.edmondswa.gov/application-city-council-position.html. If you choose this option, it will be submitted directly to the Council Office.
– Hard copy, obtained at the first floor reception desk of City Hall, 121 5th Ave. N.
– PDF application, which you can request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You need to have Acrobat Reader on your computer to access this form.
Complete the entire application and submit it no later than 4:30 p.m. Friday, April 27. (Applicants may attach a cover letter and/or resume in addition to completing the entire application form.)
PDF or a hard copy applications may be submitted as follows:
– email completed application email@example.com or fax it to 425.771.0254
– drop off at 1st floor Reception Desk at City Hall
– send via U.S. Postal Service (must arrive by 4:30 p.m. on April 27). Mail to: Edmonds City Council Office, 121 5th Ave. N., Edmonds, WA 98020
Candidate interviews are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, May 22, with a council vote on nominations set for Tuesday, June 5.
For additional information, call the Edmonds Council Senior Executive Assistant at 425-771-0248.