Want to serve on the Edmonds City Council? Applications available for vacant seat
The Edmonds City Council is accepting applications from Edmonds residents interested in being appointed to fill the Position 1 seat being vacated by long-time Councilmember Michael Plunkett, who announced that he is resigning effective June 4.
The City of Edmonds is a Mayor/Council form of government with regularly scheduled meetings on Tuesday evenings. Councilmembers are elected for seven (7) at-large positions and represent all citizens. The monthly salary is $600 per month plus $50 per meeting (a maximum of 8 meetings monthly) or $1,000.
You can apply in the following ways:
– Online at www.edmondswa.gov/application-city-council-position.html. If you choose this option, it will be submitted directly to the Council Office.
– Hard copy, obtained at the first floor reception desk of City Hall, 121 5th Ave. N.
– PDF application, which you can request via email at email@example.com. You need to have Acrobat Reader on your computer to access this form.
Complete the entire application and submit it no later than 4:30 p.m. Friday, April 27. (Applicants may attach a cover letter and/or resume in addition to completing the entire application form.)
PDF or a hard copy applications may be submitted as follows:
– email completed application firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 425.771.0254
– drop off at 1st floor Reception Desk at City Hall
– send via U.S. Postal Service (must arrive by 4:30 p.m. on April 27). Mail to: Edmonds City Council Office, 121 5th Ave. N., Edmonds, WA 98020
Candidate interviews are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, May 22, with a council vote on nominations set for Tuesday, June 5.
For additional information, call the Edmonds Council Senior Executive Assistant at 425-771-0248.