Good news for live music fans: The new Hazel Miller Plaza park in downtown Edmonds will be the site for concerts on Thursday evenings from 5-6 p.m. beginning July 11, and on Tuesday afternoons from noon-1 p.m., beginning July 23. The new concert series, part of the Edmonds Arts Commission Summer Concerts, is sponsored by the Hazel Miller Foundation.
The park, which opened last summer, was named after the late Hazel Miller, whose foundation provided an $88,000 grant award toward building the park.
Audiences of all ages will enjoy rollicking songs, juggling, magic and even a miniature piano performance at the noon concerts. Late afternoon concerts on Thursdays offer a diverse mix of music, from folk to classical to jazz.
Concerts will take place at the south end of the Hazel Miller Plaza at 5th Avenue South and Maple Street. Please visit www.edmondsartscommission.org for more information.
Schedule for Thursdays, 5-6 p.m.
• July 11 The Whateverly Brothers, Vocal Folk Trio
• July 25 Terry Holder Duo, Americana/Folk Rock
• Aug. 1 Bill Anschell, Brent Jensen & Chris Symer, Jazz
• Aug. 8 Thornton Creek, Indie Rock
• Aug. 22 Scott Lindenmuth, Classical Guitar
• Aug. 29 Alma y Azucar, Diverse Latin Standards
Schedule for Tuesdays, noon-1 p.m.
• July 23 Folk Voice Band, International Folk Songs
• July 30 Roberto the Magnificent, Comedy/Juggling Stunt Show
• Aug. 6 Ali Marcus, Singer/Songwriter
• Aug. 13 Rick Huddle, Pirate Songs & Stories
• Aug. 20 Jeff Evans, Magic
• Aug. 27 Toy Box Trio, New Classical with a Carnival Flair
“The City of Edmonds Arts Commission is grateful to the Hazel Miller Foundation for their generous support,” said a news release from the Arts Commission announcing the series. Established as a trust by Hazel Miller, the foundation is dedicated to serving the citizens of Edmonds and South Snohomish County, with a focus on education and youth services, poverty alleviation and hunger, civic and community services and amenities, the environment, and culture and the arts.
Call 425-771-0228 or 425-771-0230 for more concert information.