What to do next regarding planning for the Harbor Square Business Complex? The Edmonds City Council will again take up that topic Tuesday night, and discuss whether to move forward with a plan for incorporating a Master Plan for the Port-owned Harbor Square Business Complex into the City of Edmonds Comprehensive Plan.
According to the City Council agenda: “Given that the Port has withdrawn their application for a master plan, the Council needs to discuss how it wants to proceed. If the Council desires to continue with planning for Harbor Square, this would require docketing a new plan proposal that would need to go through the entire planning process. This would necessitate substantial staff time, review and hearing(s) by the Planning Board, and subsequent review and hearing(s) by the City Council. Given current priorities and staffing levels, we have serious concerns about whether we have sufficient resources to undertake this work.”
The council will also:
– Conduct a closed record review of the Edmonds Planning Board’s recommendation to approve a proposal to rezone one parcel (403 & 405 3rd Ave. N) from Contract Residential Multifamily to Residential Multifamily.
– Discuss and take possible action regarding authorization to fund the Volunteer Appreciation Day from the Council Contingency Fund.
– Discuss and take possible action to authorize funding the legal fees for the Hillman Closed Record Review from the Council Contingency Fund.
– Hear a presentation on critical areas ‘allowed activities’ provisions.
– Have a discussion regarding development of a City Code of Ethics.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Public Safety Complex, 250 5th Ave. N., Edmonds. You can can the complete agenda here.