Rain on the way; time to check storm drains for leaves
The weather forecast is calling for rain Friday and Saturday, and the City of Edmonds has some tips for residents and business owners to minimize possible flooding:
- Check storm drains near your home and business and clear away any leaves and debris. Clogged grates are often the reason a street floods during a storm.
- If you have a sump pump, test it to make sure it will be in good working order if a storm hits.
- Do not dump trash or yard debris into streams. This can block stream flow.
- Do not attempt to drive through standing water.
- Do not disturb natural vegetation on steep slopes. This vegetation helps prevent erosion.
- If your home or business is in danger of flooding, call Public Works at 425-771-0235 (24-hour emergency number). After normal business hours, call 911.