Edmonds City Council to take another shot at filling vacant council seat Tuesday
After deadlocking 3-3 on 27 ballots last week, the Edmonds City Council will try again Tuesday night, taking a vote on their preferred candidate to fill the vacant Position 6 seat.
Unlike last week, where the selection process occurred at the start of the council meeting, this Tuesday night’s voting will come near the end of the agenda.
The city council has until March 31 to choose a candidate for Position 6; if they are unable to do so, the position will be filled by the Snohomish County Council.
Also on the council agenda:
– Introduction and confirmation of Kevin Conefrey to the Edmonds Arts Commission.
– Annual Report of the Edmonds Economic Development Commission
– Public Works Quarterly Project Report
– Discussion regarding renewal of the Public Defender Contract
– Council appointment for the Citizens’ Commission on the Compensation of Elected Officials
– Discussion on proposed action regarding the process for filling open Development Services Director and Finance Director positions.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. with an executive session to evaluate qualifications of a candidate for public employment and to discuss potential litigation, with the regular meeting following at 7 p.m. The meeting will be in the Council Chambers, Public Safety Complex, 250 5th Ave. N. You can see the complete agenda here.