Edmonds City Council meeting agenda for Tuesday: Strategic Plan update, Transportation Improvement Plan
Among the highlights of this Tuesday’s Edmonds City Council meeting is a status report on implementation of the City’s Strategic Plan, which was approved by the council in April 2013 after a lengthy public involvement process. Making the presentation is consultant/facilitator Cynthia Berne from Long Bay Enterprises, who was hired to prepare a road map for implementing the plan over time.
The council is also scheduled to:
– receive an update on the Downtown Edmonds Cultural Heritage Tour grant project, which will involve a downtown walking tour with artist-made interpretive markers and an associated website with additional historic information. The project goal is to promote and market cultural heritage tourism in downtown Edmonds. The artist selected for the project, Judith Caldwell, has completed design and fabrication of 12 unique plaques, each commemorating a site with information drawn from Edmonds history. The project will be dedicated on July 17, 2014.
– take action on the 2015-2020 Six-Year Transportation Improvement Program, an agenda item that was continued from the June 17 council meeting, when members asked for more time to study the projects included in it. You can read more about that here.
– learn more about the Perrinville Creek Stormwater Flow Reduction and Retrofit Study, including work to date and the schedule for project completion. More information is here.
– hear a report on bids opened June 12, for the city’s 2014 Waterline Replacement Project. Earthworks Enterprises was the low bidder, at $1,474,496.90. The project involves updating and replacing existing waterlines at various locations around the city that are reaching the end of their useful service life, are undersized and unable to meet current requirements, or have some other existing system deficiency.
– continue its training on the Open Public Meetings Act.
– convene in executive session regarding pending or potential litigation.
You can see the complete agenda here. The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Public Safety Complex, 250 5th Ave. N., Edmonds.