As long as we’re outside enjoying the weather, why not begin this month’s Art Walk Edmonds as we finish a stroll of Brackett’s Landing. Let’s make this first mention of Art Walk Edmonds where the beach ends and Main Street begins!
We’re all invited to a viewing of plein air painting, and art by Julie Nagel – resident artist at the Waterfront Coffee Company. Latin Smooth and the sounds of saxophonist Roberto will surround us as we sip on the coffee company’s famous refreshing Frappes.
Continuing up from the water along Main Street we find a number of gallery and business participants this month:
– – –
The news Artfully Edmonds heard from Gallery North this week was that this stunning gallery is featuring the mosaic art of Christy Rommel. We’ve included Ms. Rommel’s piece titled “Mountain Meadow” which is available for your viewing.
Video!! The gallery will welcome art lovers until 8 pm Thursday. Can’t wait? Gallery North treats us to a video preview at this website.
– – – –
The Refinery Salon
This historically-placed salon is featuring Shoreline resident, Amy Gentry, creator of “The Big Love Photo-shoot Project”, which is an art installation of photographs depicting people who normally do not put themselves in front of the camera.
Gentry’s project is explained at her website.
The community is invited to write positive comments on the photos, creating the final installation of the project.
The Refinery Salon is located at 4th Ave and Bell Street.
– – – –
Salty Bicycles from Ballard will show off their custom bikes and New Zealand Artist Rachel Campbell will be exhibiting her extravagantly detailed “Bikes and Shadows” paintings.
As you continue eastward toward Edmonds’ iconic (and refreshing!) fountain make sure to stop in at Cole Gallery who we heard from this week. Denise Cole, owner, has in her wide and varied selections the art of Sandy Byers whose art is featured on the gallery’s Facebook page.
– – – –
These preceding featured “mentions” are only a few of the participants of Art Walk Edmonds eager to share their hospitality with you at Art Walk Edmonds. From this point the locations celebrating Art Walk Edmonds string out in an array of possibilities.
The full roster of participants include the following galleries and businesses whose number correlates with the official map of Art Walk Edmonds:
1. Aria Studio Gallery – Demo in watercolor @ 6:30!!! Join us for the fun. Paintings, photography, and much more!
2. Arista Wine Cellars – Featuring: The Art of Wine.
3. Art Spot – Lisa JonesMoore & Tracy Felix will be dueling encaustic artists – hot wax artists in action!
4. Arts Now Gallery Ed. Conf. Center – uLearn exhibit will featuring various art mediums by talented instructors.
5. ART WORKS – Art Splash – Artists Connect’s annual group show. A portion of event proceeds support community arts programs.
6. C’est la Vie – Enjoy delightful ceramics of Bellingham artist Cary Lane, “The Bowl Maker!”
7. Christopher Framing & Fine – Art: Paintings of the world’s natural beauty by Jacob Kohn.
8. Cline Jewelers – Featuring photo montages from Pat Brier.
9. Coldwell Banker Bain – Peter Barth & Marsha Morrell Faamuli a brush with nature & animals thru painting & classes.
10. Cole Gallery – A brand new collection featuring Andy Eccleshall’s stunning land and skyscape paintings along with Sandy Byers’ credit card paintings!
11. Comstock Jewelers – Deborah Wieditz works in both acrylic and watercolor, concentrating on urban landscapes.
12. Edmonds Bookshop – Paddle Pilgrim: Eloquent & thoughtful account of David Ellingson’s kayak trip down the Miss. River
13. Edmonds Frame Design – Experience Caroline Rousseau’s seascape and sky oil paintings: “Coastal Memoirs.”
14. Edmonds Realty – Majka Sadel, painter, specializing in oil on canvas.
15. Edmonds Vision Center – Artwork by artist Adam Racioppi.
16. Edward Jones Investments – Artist Joy Rome captures her internal energy from the color onto canvas with beautiful acrylic abstracts. Entertainment by David Little, Pianist
17. Frances Anderson Center and Library – EAFF Gallery, Library-FAC – EAFF Gallery – David Marty, paintings – reception FAC – EAC Display Case – Scholarship Graduates Library – Colette Laico, mixed media.
18. Gallery North – Delores Haugland painter, and Spec Fulmer, digital artist and painter in show: “Canvas and Camera” Garden Gear & Gallery- Eva-Maria Barthel works in fiber arts with an emphasis on wool felting. Tasty treats provided!!!
19. House Wares – Jill Freeman’s debut show “Sweet”! Oil finger paintings on canvas. Join us for sweet treats, too!
20. Interiors of Edmonds – Bring fresh color to your interior design with Seattle artist Sandy Haight’s gorgeous watercolors!
21. Kinder Britches – Beautiful, narrative, impressionist paintings of children by Michael Maczuga.
22. Manfredini & Barnfather – Realism and Impressionism – Pastels and Oils by Janis Graves.
23. Ombu Salon – Seattle painter Brooke Borcherding’s oil paintings have been described as bold, fresh and lively.
24. Randall J Hodges Photography Gallery – Unforgettable Landscapes Of The West By Internationally Published Photographer, Randall J Hodges.
25. Reliable Flooring – Work by the multi talented artist Alex Leroy Schwindt Jr.
26. Rick Steves – Roger Baker will be exhibiting original watercolors and five prints from his travels in Europe.
27. Rogue – Designer Lisa Richardt or Veronica&Harold. Hand crafted sterling silver and gold fill jewelry.
28. Saetia – Artful clothes and accessories.
29. Stunningly Strange Gallery – Spring Beauties, a feminine mix of youthful ladies and sweet flora and fauna, by Kaitlin Goodey.
30. The Papery – Kristin Norman creates handcrafted pendants, cards, magnets created from 30 to 50’s wallpaper.
31. Waterfront Coffee Company- Join us for plein air painting, the Latin saxophone player Roberto and sip on our refreshing Frappe.
32. WhimSea Boutique- Denise A. Meade is a photographer who loves to capture beautiful scenery and flowers.
33. Windermere Real Estate – Phyllis Thornton-oil artist extraordinaire, 1st at 2014 SAF, paints realistic to abstract.
34. Zinc Art Plus Interiors – Artist Rachel Campbell “Bikes and Shadows” and Salty Bicycle of Ballard showing Custom Bikes.
History is Added Feature to this month’s Art Walk:
Stages of History Walking Tour and artwork dedication will take place at 5 pm in front of the Edmonds Museum. Artist Judith Caldwell will lead a short tour of 12 Edmonds’ historic markers.
— By Emily Hill