The Edmonds City Council at its Tuesday night meeting will preview the Edmonds Planning Board’s recommendations to amend the city’s comprehensive plan, zoning code and zoning map to accommodate a new development plan for the Westgate commercial area. This is an information item; no action will be taken. A public hearing is set for Monday, Aug. 5.
The Planning Board held three public hearings during its consideration of the plan and zoning code for the Westgate commercial center. You can review documents and maps related to this proposal posted with the council agenda here.
You can also review more background in this previous article.
The council is also scheduled to:
– Hear a presentation by Northwest SEED regarding Solarize South County
– Get an update on the city’s stormwater code
– Receive an introduction to the Critical Area Ordinance Update
– Continued discussion of a Comprehensive Plan Update
– Vote whether to confirm Mayor Dave Earling’s appointment of Patrick Doherty as the new Community Services/Economic Development Director.
– Report on July 8 City Council Committee Meetings.
– Meet in executive session regarding pending or potential litigation.
Councilmembers will also meet in executive session prior to the meeting, at 6:30 p.m., to discuss collective bargaining, with the regular meeting starting at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers, Public Safety Complex, 250 5th Ave. N., Edmonds.