1957 Chevy ‘Ginger’ returns to Edmonds Classic Car Show
The Edmonds Classic Car Show Committee announced Tuesday that its very first “Best of Show” winner from the inaugural Edmonds Classic Car Show (then called Hot Autumn Nights) is returning this Sept. 7.
Steve Bender’s 1957 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe “Ginger” has won many awards over the years. The car was a West Coast Grand National winner, the car and owner are in the Classic Car Hall of Fame (both car and owner), featured on multiple television shows and has won Best in Show awards at numerous car shows.
Ginger will be on display at the Edmonds Classic Car Show this year but no longer competes for awards, so be sure to see her before she goes back into the garage.
Here’s the Edmonds Classic Car Show schedule:
• 10 a.m.-5 p.m. – Car Show
• 4:30 pm – Awards
• 10 a.m.-8 p.m. – Beer Garden
• 5-8 p.m. – Live Music
Featured this year:
• Kids World will have midget racecars the kids are allowed to climb all over and free pinewood
derby car kits to build, paint and race on the pinewood derby track.
• New this year is a Beer Garden for the adults, bring your ID and visit the garden
from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. The garden will also feature live music from 5-8 p.m..
• Nitro Dragsters will fire up their engines to rattle the windows and wow the crowd.
Get ready to plug your ears at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
• Vote for your favorite cars and raise money for charity at the same time, each vote for
costs $1 with all money benefiting the Edmonds Food Bank. Last year we raised $900.
• Online registration is now available or apply in person at the Edmonds Chamber office,
Event information online at www.edmondswa.com or by phone at 425-670-1496.