Fundraising effort started for woman critically burned in Westgate house fire
My Edmonds News was contacted Wednesday night by Karen Nelson, a family friend of the Edmonds woman badly burned in Tuesday’s Westgate neighborhood house fire, letting us know about a fundraising effort to cover the victim’s medical bills.
According to Nelson, Tuesday’s fire severely damaged a home owned by Richard and Sue Maddox, the former owners of the Maddox Grill in Lynnwood (and previously in Richmond Beach). “Sue sustained critical, life-threatening injuries,” Nelson said. “She will most certainly be in the hospital awhile and her medical bills will be substantial.”
More information from the GoFundMe.com page set up to help with expenses:
Most of you have come to know and love the Maddox family through the restaurant or by their wonderful children, Kelly and Amy. We are setting up this account to give their community a chance to help them cope with this tragedy. Please donate what you can and pass this along to anyone you feel would want to know about this.
You can donate via the GoFundMe page here.