Update on Sue Maddox: Family says her condition’s improving, nearly $20,000 raised

It’s been a week since Edmonds resident Sue Maddox was badly burned in a Westgate neighborhood house fire. Family members say her condition is improving, and express gratitude for the online fundraising effort that so far has generated nearly $20,000 to cover her medical expenses.

The Aug. 12 fire severely damaged the home owned by Sue and Richard Maddox, the former owners of the Maddox Grill in Lynnwood (and previously in Richmond Beach). Sue Maddox was the only one home at the time of the fire; a cause has not yet been disclosed.

“She’s improving and we are very grateful to the community for their support and thoughts,” daughter Amy Maddox said.

If you like what you are reading, please consider a weekly, monthly or one-time voluntary donation of any amount to support our work. You can donate via this link.

Leave a Reply