The combination of traveling, stress and holiday eating habits can cause our skin to react with acne breakouts, inflammation and dehydration. By maintaining a consistent skin care regimen and following a few basic travel beauty tips, you can maintain a healthy holiday glow, on the go!
Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!
It is important to keep your body and skin hydrated on a daily basis, and it is especially important when you travel.
- Carry brightening eye cream in your purse, so that you can quickly de-puff and brighten upon arrival, after a long day of travel.
- Skip the makeup and go with a great moisturizer and sunscreen combination. This way, your skin is prepped for a quick 5-minute makeup application upon arrival.
- Drinking water is especially important while traveling. Our skin is our biggest organ and the last to receive the hydration benefits of the water we drink. Bring a refillable water bottle that you can fill on the fly!
Keep your routine consistent
Your body is already stressed when traveling. Don’t add stress to your skin by mixing up your daily routine.
- Most eye creams, serums and moisturizers are under 3 ounces, conveniently, making them travel ready. Cleansers are often larger, which can cause people to forgo their usual cleanser and use whatever is in the guest bathroom shower. Avoid this. A change in your daily cleanser can throw off your skin’s balance. Bring your cleanser in a travel container; you can find these at any drug store.
Properly store your brushes
Everyone makes an effort to store their toothbrush for travel in a cleanly manner. Do the same for your makeup brushes to ensure sanitation.
- Clean your brushes with your favorite brush cleaner before your trip and once they dry, place them in a Ziploc bag or travel bag, without makeup or other products in it.
By traveling smart this holiday season, you can ensure that your skin looks and feels great for the holidays. Of course the usual skin care tips apply while traveling this holiday season. Get some sleep, eat well and RELAX!
Denice Schwind, PA-C has specialized in medical and Cosmetic Dermatology since 2004 and is an industry leader in skin care and anti-aging. Feel free to submit questions directly to Denice at email@example.com.