Among the items to be discussed during Tuesday night’s Edmonds City Council study session is whether the study session format itself — which in September 2014 replaced the former council practice of holding separate committee meetings to study issues — is working.
Elements to be discussed Tuesday night include: study session meeting start time, configuration of tables, the ability of those watching the meeting to hear councilmembers (a problem because some councilmembers/presenters don’t speak into the microphone and/or the microphones themselves often fail), assurance that all study session presentations are available for the public to see, the format for councilmember questions, and the length of time set aside for discussions.
Also on the agenda are discussions regarding:
– the proposed 2015 Comprehensive Plan Update
– the Development and Critical Area Codes
– a professional services agreement with BHC for the 2016-2017 Sanitary Sewer Replacement Projects
– an update on Highway 99 Planning
– the construction contract award for the Southwest Edmonds – 105th/106th Avenue West Storm Improvements Project
– final construction costs and a recommendation for acceptance of the 2014 Watermain Replacement Project
– reports on outside boards and committees
The council is also scheduled to convene in executive session regarding pending or potential litigation, with potential action as a result.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Public Safety Complex, 250 5th Ave. N., Edmonds. You can see the complete agenda here.