The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce has announced entertainment for the 33rd annual A Taste of Edmonds, scheduled for Friday-Sunday, Aug. 14-16, at Civic Playfield, 310 6th Ave. N.
- The Beer Garden Stage will feature popular bands The Beatniks, Hell’s Belles, Spike & The Impalers, The Afrodisiacs and No. 1 Van Halen tribute band The Atomic Punks. There will be a $2 cover charge to enter the beer garden starting at 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- The Campbell Nelson Volkswagen/Nissan/Allstate Main Stage will feature Heart By Heart, which includes recent Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees Steve Fossen and Mike Derosier, original members of super group Heart. Also appearing will be Beatles tribute band British Export, That Lady Hypnotist and many more popular Northwest tribute bands.
- Performers on the Kid’s Stage include Reptile Isle, Kid’s Karaoke and several local favorites.
- Roving entertainers include jugglers, unicyclists, stilt walkers, belly dancers, clowns and musicians.
Hours are Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Admission is $4 Daily (12 and under free).
The event will include 35 food booths, more than 70 arts and crafts booths, and a children’s area with inflatable rides, pony rides, rock wall, a giant slide, water balls, Euro bungee, the Frog Zone, model hydroplane racing and free craft activities.
Coldwell Banker Bain Realty of Edmonds will provide a free shuttle that drops folks off at the festival entrance on 7th Avenue. Park for free at Edmonds-Woodway High School, 7600 212th St. S.W. where buses will depart and return every 15 minutes beginning at 11 a.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
You can learn more on the Taste of Edmonds website.
- Meadowdale High School Class of 1975 will host an unofficial 40-year party on Aug. 14, beginning at 4 p.m. in the beer garden.
- Edmonds High School Class of 1985 will host an unofficial 30-year party on Aug. 15, beginning at 2 p.m. in the beer garden.
- Lynnwood High School Class of 1995 will host an unofficial 20-year party on Aug. 15, beginning at 6 p.m. in the beer garden.
- Woodway High School Class of 2005 will host an unofficial 10-year party on Aug. 16 beginning at 4pm in the beer garden.
- Black Pine Spas will have their 60’ x 20’ interactive display on-site featuring their latest in home spa innovations. The display is awesome!
- Tulalip Resort Casino and Quilceda Creek Casino will be on-site to spread the luck. Check out the prizes and give-aways!
- Miss Washington USA and Miss Washington Teen USA contestants will visit Saturday from noon-2 p.m. to sign autographs and answer questions.
- Washington’s Lottery will be on-site selling all your favorite games and will have second chance drawings all three days of the Taste.
- This year the Wine Garden is pouring a fabulous selection of NW wines and welcomed by Edmonds native Jeff Boyer UNCORKED. Whether a seasoned connoisseur or a novice sipper; we’ll have something for every palate!
- KOMO News Radio will have a prize wheel set-up where guests can stop by and try their luck at winning some great prizes.
- The Taste has created more covered dining area for folks to eat under cover, sun or rain.
For general event information, visit www.atasteofedmonds.com or call the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce Visitors Center at (425) 776-6711.