The Snohomish Health District is encouraging the community to share its thoughts on vaping during a public listening session from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Tuesday, July 21. The Vaping Subcommittee is soliciting input on the following four questions:
- Do you support expanding the Smoking in Public Places law to prohibit vaping in public places?
- How would prohibiting vaping in public places impact you?
- What do you think should be included in an ordinance to be most effective in preventing youth from smoking and vaping?
- Are there any specific issues that you would like the Board of Health to evaluate while considering an ordinance?
WHERE: The event will be held in the Wilderness Auditorium at Everett Community College located at 2000 Tower St., Everett.
Parking on the campus requires either a permit or payment at a kiosk in each of the lots. A map and complimentary parking pass for press and the public can be found here.
WHEN: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
WHO: The community is invited to share their comments before the Vaping Subcommittee and staff. The members of the Vaping Subcommittee include:
- Sam Low, Board Chair and Lake Stevens City Council
- Linda Grafer, Mukilteo City Council
- Karen Guzak, Mayor of Snohomish
- Sid Roberts, Lynnwood City Council
- Donna Wright, Marysville City Council
- Dr. Jiho Bryson, The Everett Clinic and member of the District’s Public Health Advisory Council
- Dr. Gary Goldbaum, SHD Health Officer and Director
- Pete Mayer, SHD Deputy Director
- Margaret Shield, SHD Health Policy Analyst
- Heather Thomas, SHD Communications & Public Affairs Officer