Jean Theoret driving his Miss Elam Plus was the fastest qualifier for the second race in a row on the 2015 Unlimited Hydroplane schedule. This time racing is in Seattle and the Elam was the only boat to exceed 150 MPH Friday on the two-mile course.
Last week’s winner, Jimmy Shane, was in second place with the Oberto hydroplane at 148.880 MPH and four more boats were bunched within 3 MPH of that. Tom Thompson driving the Edmonds-based Miss Peters and May qualified at an average speed of 137.116 during his turn on the course.
Three boats did not qualify Friday and will be given a chance to try Saturday morning, with the racing starting in the afternoon.
Here is a complete list of qualifiers.
- Elam Plus Jean Theoret 150.583
- Oberto Jimmy Shane 148.880
- Red Dot Scott Liddycoat 147.643
- Dalton Industries Cap Phipps 146.890
- Miss Home Street Jimmy King 146.056
- Graham Trucking I J. Michael Kelly 145.825
- Graham Trucking II Jesse Robertson 143.466
- Albert Lee Brian Perkins 142.011
- Miss Peters and May Thompson 137.116
- Miss Carstar Kevin Eacrett 133.856
Yet to qualify
Boitano Homes Mike Webster
Bucket List Racing Kelly Stocklin
Miss DiJulio Pat Sankuer
As there is no radio or television coverage for Saturday’s racing, for complete coverage come back to My Edmonds News.
— By Harry Gatjens