Snohomish County PUD posted a link on its Twitter account detailing how it decides which outage repair jobs to do first.
- During major storms, a number of factors are considered in order to determine which repairs crews make first.
- First, the utility focuses on outages at the higher-voltage transmission level, which power substations that serve large numbers of customers, hospitals, schools and businesses.
- Oil spills from transformers, wires blocking main highways and wires down on buildings or vehicles get high priority based on the safety hazards they present.
- Next to be restored are substation main line circuits that serve neighborhoods and/or businesses.
- Smaller outages are then addressed. These may be caused by transformer malfunctions or fallen service lines and may serve one or just a few homes.
- Finally outages impacting non-essential street lights are resolved.