The 33rd annual A Taste of Edmonds runs this Friday-Sunday, Aug. 14-16, at Civic Playfield, 310 6th Ave. N. The event will include 35 food booths, more than 70 arts and crafts booths, and a children’s area with inflatable rides, pony rides, rock wall, a giant slide, water balls, Euro bungee, the Frog Zone, model hydroplane racing and free craft activities.
Here’s your guide to the sights, sounds and tastes of this annual Edmonds tradition.
At noon Friday, celebrity judges will gather to determine which food booth is “The Best of the Taste” in categories ranging from appetizers to desserts. Who will win? My Edmonds News arts writer Emily Hill will be among those judging the entries. Watch for our report later in the day Friday so you’ll know what to try!
Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Admission is $4 daily (ages 12 and under free).
- The Beer Garden Stage will feature popular bands The Beatniks, Hell’s Belles, Spike & The Impalers, The Afrodisiacs and No. 1 Van Halen tribute band The Atomic Punks. There will be a $2 cover charge to enter the beer garden starting at 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday. And this year you can be served even faster, thanks to FastBar wristbands, which allow guests to pay with debit/credit card instead of cash. Once the wristband is linked to their debit/credit card, guests receive a text each time a beer is purchased, and again at the end of the evening with a total.
- The Campbell Nelson Volkswagen/Nissan/Allstate Main Stage will feature Heart By Heart, which includes recent Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees Steve Fossen and Mike Derosier, original members of super group Heart. Also appearing will be Beatles tribute band British Export, That Lady Hypnotist and many more popular Northwest tribute bands.
- Performers on the Kid’s Stage include Reptile Isle, Kid’s Karaoke and several local favorites.
- Roving entertainers include jugglers, unicyclists, stilt walkers, belly dancers, clowns and musicians.
Coldwell Banker Bain Realty of Edmonds will provide a free shuttle that drops folks off at the festival entrance on 7th Avenue. Park for free at Edmonds-Woodway High School, 7600 212th St. S.W. where buses will depart and return every 15 minutes beginning at 11 a.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
You can learn more on the Taste of Edmonds website.
- Meadowdale High School Class of 1975 will host an unofficial 40-year party on Aug. 14, beginning at 4 p.m. in the beer garden.
- Edmonds High School Class of 1985 will host an unofficial 30-year party on Aug. 15, beginning at 2 p.m. in the beer garden.
- Lynnwood High School Class of 1995 will host an unofficial 20-year party on Aug. 15, beginning at 6 p.m. in the beer garden.
- Woodway High School Class of 2005 will host an unofficial 10-year party on Aug. 16 beginning at 4pm in the beer garden.
For general event information, visit www.atasteofedmonds.com or call the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce Visitors Center at 425- 776-6711.