Fire in the dryer at Paws in Paradise pet boarding Wednesday

834
4

Fire and police units responded to an early evening fire at Paws in Paradise where a clothes dryer overheated and burst into flame.
Fire and police units responded to an early evening fire at Paws in Paradise where a clothes dryer overheated and burst into flame.
An overheated clothes dryer burst into flames in the laundry room of the Paws in Paradise (formerly Adix Pet Bed and Bath) Wednesday night at 21100 72nd Ave. W., in Edmonds.

“Fire District 1 received the call at 6:15 p.m.,” said spokesperson Leslie Hynes. “The fire was contained to the clothes dryer itself. Damage was minimal, restricted to minor smoke damage in the laundry room where the fire began.”

According to Hynes, one worker was exposed to smoke and evaluated at the scene. All animals were safe and accounted for, with the exception of one cat who escaped the building.

— Story and photo by Larry Vogel

4 COMMENTS

  1. I’m so glad that no animals were hurt and that Miles was found safe. There are cats who have been waiting for loving homes for a long time now. (Especially Oreo and Roxy). Please check them out if you’re looking to adopt a pet!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here