The annual EAF Foundation Visual Arts Idea Grant application process took place recently and the following educators in the Edmonds School District have received funding for visual art experiences for their students. This year, of 24 applications presented for consideration, 18 proposals were fully funded; one was partially funded.
Proposals were of very high quality, showing solid organization and consideration for the growth of existing art programs. Successful grant applications provided specific plans, budget, timeline, artist names and the number of students that would be involved.
Congratulations to the following educators in the Edmonds School District who have received grants for visual art experiences for their students.
- Brier Elementary, Literacy Night – Johnna Stewart, Principal and Shannon Tipple-Leen, Arts Committee
- Cedar Valley Community School, Art Club with Mona Fairbanks – Carol Lavelle, 4th Grade Teacher, Camille Hartley, 3rd grade teacher and Mona Fairbanks, Studio Artist
- Chase Lake Elementary, Art by Eye, Ear & Hand – Todd Knight & Paul Merlina, 5th Grade Teachers
- Madrona K-8, Social Studies, Science & Art Integrated Arts Curriculum – Rebecca Oram, Grades 4, 5, 6 and Jennifer de Mello e Souza, Studio Artist
- Maplewood K-8, Basic Drawing Lesson: Human Body/Facial Expressions – Mrs. Samione, 2nd Grade Teacher and Mike O’Day, Studio Artist
- Martha Lake Elementary, Exploring Salish Art and Traditions – A. Walter, Christine Lambert, Lisa Griffen and Barb Hartje, 4th Grade Teachers
- Meadowdale Elementary, Painted Murals on Canvas for Flex Area – Christine Den Adel, 2nd Grade Teacher and Mike O’Day, Studio Artist
- Mountlake Terrace Elementary, The Magic of Ceramics – Doug Johnson, Principal; Tim McCarthy, Teacher; & Julie Perrine, Studio Artist
- Seaview Heights Elementary, Printmaking for Intermediate Levels – Jeanette DeLalla, Seaview Art Docent Committee and Jennifer de Mello e Souza, Studio Artist
- Westgate Elementary, Art Education for Staff and Art Docent Volunteers – Karen Fritz, Art Docent Volunteer Coordinator; Carrie Engbert-Hamilton, Kindergarten Teacher/Staff Art Liaison; & Susan Lathrop, Principal
- Westgate Elementary, Art Book Series for School Library – Karen Wolfe-Fritz, Art Docent Volunteer Coordinator; Teresa Wittman, School Librarian; & Carrie Engbert-Hamilton, Staff Art Liaison
- Westgate Elementary, Watercolor Painting 101 – Carrie Engbert-Hamilton, Teacher & Staff Art Docent Liaison; Cheryl Tuttle, Community Art Docent Volunteer
- Westgate Elementary , Public Art/’imagine’ – mosaic mural – Karen Fritz, Art Docent Coordinator and Katie Guiberson, 6th Grade Teacher
- Alderwood Middle School, Bird Houses & Thrown Vessels – Amy Barnes, Art Teacher Grades 7 & 8 and Barbara Child, Studio Artist
- Edmonds Woodway HS, Gestural Hand-built Jars – Tanya Johnson, Art Teacher with Julie Perrine, Studio Artist
- Meadowdale HS, Tablets for Digital Painting – Jill Van Berkom, Photography Instructor
- Meadowdale HS, Arts Week – Alison Ersfeld, English; Jill Van Berkom, Photography; Susan Seniuk, Visual Arts; Alex Aluf, Visual Arts; Erin Katz, Computer Graphics/Film
- Scriber Lake HS, The Art and Craft of Clay – Liz Behrendt, Art Teacher and Julie Perrine, Studio Artist
- Edmonds School District, Indian Education Classroom – Culture and Craft Supplies – Laura Wong-Whitebear, Indian Education Program Specialist
Edmonds Arts Festival Foundation congratulates these educators focusing on the visual arts and culture and the supportive local studio artists. With the additional support of volunteers and art docents, these programs are made possible.