Have an opinion on the proposed 2016 City of Edmonds budget, or whether the city should raise property taxes by 1 percent. Express it during this Tuesday’s Edmonds City Council meeting, when public hearings will be held on both items. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Public Safety Complex, 250 5th Ave. N.
The council will also listen to an Edmonds Sister City Commission presentation on the 2015 student exchange to Hekinan, Japan.
Other items on the council agenda include a discussion of the following:
- Amendment to Professional Services Agreement with Zachor & Thomas, Inc., P.S. for prosecuting attorney services.
- An interlocal agreement with the Edmonds School District regarding emergency access keys used by the Edmonds Police Department.
- An addendum to renew the city’s agreement with Yakima County to house jail inmates for the upcoming year.
- An ordinance amending the city’s code to allow officers from the Edmonds Police Department to respond to complaints and take enforcement action if/when necessary regarding shellfish harvesting on the Edmonds waterfront and fishing pier.
- The future of the Citizens Economic Development Commission.
- The city’s draft 2016 Legislative Agenda (this is listed as a potential action item).
- Bid authorization for the fishing pier rehabilitation project.
- Discussion on the proposed 2016-2021 Capital Facilities Plan/Capital Improvement Program.
You can see the complete agenda here.