The Edmonds Port Commission at its Nov. 28 meeting:
- Heard a report on the Edmonds Rail Crossing Study from Edmonds Mayor Dave Earling. The city’s preferred alternative is an overhead crossing and ramp at Edmonds Street.
- Discussed the mayor’s request for additional funding for Phase 2 of the Crossing Project and directed staff to prepare a resolution pledging $75,000 toward it.
- Was reminded that commission officers for 2017 will be elected at the Dec. 12 Commission meeting.
- Heard a report on refinancing the Port’s 2006 Harbor Square purchase. If finalized, the proposed new loan would save the port more than $600,000 over its three-year life.
- Approved payment for emergency repairs made to the north public launcher.The next regularly scheduled commission meeting will be at 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 12, in the commission meeting room, 336 Admiral Way.
— Summary provided by the Port of Edmonds