Food, drink, live music, games. The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce presents the 35th Annual A Taste of Edmonds this Friday-Sunday, Aug. 11-13, at Civic Playfield, 310 6th Ave. N., Edmonds.
Here’s what you need to know about this annual event:
Hours: Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Admission: $5 daily (12 and under free)
Food booths: 35 food booths featuring a wide range of delights to satisfy any palate.
Arts and crafts booths: Over 70 quality vendors offering original, hand-crafted work including: jewelry, art, photography, clothing, pottery, glass, leather items and many other crafts.
Children’s area: Features inflatable rides, pony rides, giant slide, Water Balls, Euro Bungee, the Frog Zone, free craft activities and booths that cater to the wee ones.
Entertainment: Three stages of live entertainment
· The Beer Garden serving Budweiser and welcomed by KZOK Radio will feature popular bands The Beatniks, Spike & The Impalers, The Afrodisiacs and #1 Pearl Jam tribute band Washed in Black. Note: $2 cover charge to beer garden after 4 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
· The Campbell Nissan of Edmonds Main Stage is welcomed by JACK FM Radio will feature That Lady Hypnotist, Pleasant Valley Sunday’s tribute to The Monkees, Paperback Writer’s tribute to The Beatles, Edmonds-Woodway High School’s Jazz Band, and many more popular NW Tribute bands.
· The Kid’s Stage is welcomed by KMPS Radio and Lynnwood Honda and is hosted by The Rowdy Referees. Appearing on the kid’s stage will be Reptile Isle, Kid’s Karaoke, and several local favorites.
Free shuttle: A Taste of Edmonds shuttle will drop folks off at the festival entrance on 7th Avenue. Parking and shuttle are free. The buses will depart and return to Edmonds-Woodway High School every 15 minutes beginning 11 a.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sponsored by Coldwell Banker Bain Realty of Edmonds.
· Meadowdale High School Class of 1977 will host an unofficial 40-year party on Aug. 11, beginning at 4 p.m. in the beer garden.
· Edmonds High School Class of 1987 will host an unofficial 30-year party on Aug. 12, beginning at 2 p.m. in the beer garden.
· Lynnwood High School Class of 1997 will host an unofficial 20-year party on Aug. 12, beginning at 6 p.m. in the beer garden.
· Edmonds-Woodway High School Class of 2007 will host an unofficial 10-year party on Aug. 13 beginning at 4 p.m. in the beer garden.
· Tulalip Resort Casino and Quilceda Creek Casino will be on-site to spread the luck. Check out the prizes and give-aways.
· Beer Garden Cornhole Tournament will kick off all three days in the Beer Garden. Pre-registered teams will compete Friday and Saturday, with the finals on Sunday. The top team will take home $500.
· Rock-Paper-Scissors finals Saturday 1 p.m. in the Beer Garden.
· Edmonds All Star Karaoke contest on the Main Stage Friday 8:45 p.m.
· Edmonds Lane on Bell Street will feature local Edmonds-based businesses from our community.
· Washington’s Lottery will be on-site selling all your favorite games and will have second chance drawings all three days of the Taste.
· This year the Wine Garden is pouring a fabulous selection of Northwest wines. Meet the Winemaker in the Wine Garden on Saturday: Ron Bunnell from Bunnell Family Cellars from 3-5 p.m. and Sorin Dumitru from Bontzu Cellars from 5-7 p.m.
Pets are not allowed at the Taste.
For general event information, visit www.TasteEdmonds.com