When disaster strikes, will you be ready? Learn how to prepare yourself, your family and your community at ReadyFest, a hands-on disaster preparedness open house sponsored by Snohomish County Fire District 1 on Wednesday, Sept. 27 in Edmonds.
Drop by any time between 3 and 7 p.m. for the free open house at Edmonds Fire Station 17, 275 6th Ave. N. The open features disaster preparedness training including:
- How to turn off natural gas, water and electricity.
- Fire extinguisher demonstrations and practice.
- How to help your neighbors prepare and work together with the Map Your Neighborhood program.
- Taste of Disaster – sample MREs (meals ready to eat) and other non-perishable food to consider for your disaster kit.
- How to put together a disaster “go bag” to keep by your bed.
- CPR to Go – Learn hands-only CPR in just 10 minutes and be part of the Edmonds 500 Challenge. The goal is to train 500 people in CPR this year in Edmonds. Since May, more than 380 people have learned this lifesaving skill at Fire District 1 events.
Learn more about disaster preparedness, training and volunteer opportunities online at www.firedistrict1.org.