The weather forecast is calling for more heavy rain today, and the City of Edmonds has some tips for residents and business owners to minimize possible flooding:
– Check storm drains near your home and business and clear away any leaves and debris. Clogged grates are often the reason a street floods during a storm.
– If you have a sump pump, test it to make sure it will be in good working order if a storm hits.
– Do not dump trash or yard debris into streams. This can block stream flow.
– Do not attempt to drive through standing water.
– Do not disturb natural vegetation on steep slopes. This vegetation helps prevent erosion.
– If your home or business is in danger of flooding, call Public Works at 425-771-0235 (24-hour emergency number). After normal business hours, call 911.