A small fire in a home near Meadowdale Beach Park could have been much worse if not for some alert teenagers and a little luck. The fire started about 4 p.m. Sunday in the 5800 block of 152nd Street Southwest
“Two teenagers were in the home at the time. They noticed smoke and ran down to the bedroom,” Fire District 1 spokesperson Leslie Hynes told our friends at Lynnwood Today. “A candle was left unattended on a shelf, and there were some combustibles on the shelf that caught fire.”
The teens put out the flames with a bucket of water before firefighters arrived.
Hynes said the battery was missing from the smoke alarm.
“It’s a reminder for people to keep their smoke alarms in working order. If these guys were asleep it might been different,” Hynes said.
Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.
By commenting here you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. Please read our code at the bottom of this page before commenting.