The Edmonds City Council will meet in executive session Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. to discuss labor negotiations, but there will be no regular council meeting. Instead, three standing council committees will meet starting at 6 p.m. in the Public Safety Complex, 250 5th Ave. N.
The City Council Committee meetings are work sessions for the City Council and staff only. The meetings are open to the public but are not public hearings, and will meet in separate meeting rooms as indicated below.
Community Services/Development Services Committee
Location: Jury Meeting Room
– Continued discussion regarding a proposed “Tree Board.”
– Removing leashed dog restrictions in Hutt Park and the asphalt areas of Brackett’s Landing north and south of the ferry terminal.
– Discussion on possible “green” initiatives and zoning clarifications for downtown business zones.
– Proposed 8th Avenue South pathway south of Alder Street. (15 Min.)
Location: Council Chambers
-Review Hearing Examiner contract.
-Discussion and review of debt service in Funds 125 and 126.
– Second Quarter Budget Update.
– Revision to City’s Water Leakage Policy. (10 Min.)
– Discussion and action on a new 45-year wholesale water supply purchase contract with the Alderwood Water and Wastewater District (AWWD). The existing City contract with AWWD expires in September 2010, and the cities of Edmonds, Lynnwood, and Mountlake Terrace have negotiated a new wholesale water purchase agreement that will provide 100 percent of Edmonds’ water supply for the next 45 years.
– Fees for murals
– Discussion of Mayor discretionary pay increases for vacant position.
– Discussion on unexpended wages and benefits.
– Public comments (3-minute limit per person)
Public Safety Committee
Location: Police Training Room
– ILA between the City of Edmonds and the Edmonds School District for
football game security. (10 Min.)
– Residential fire sprinkler stakeholder discussion. (30 Min.)