Are you a woman who could provide an understanding ear to a teen searching to find herself, find her voice, or sort out who she is-and what she wants to become? Do you remember the older friend, neighbor, or teacher who made time for you and helped you realize you were important?
The new Women of Wisdom mentor program, sponsored by the Edmonds Public Schools Foundation, is holding its first training on Aug. 16, and is seeking volunteers willing to become a mentor for a young woman at College Place Middle School or Scriber Lake High School.
The program is looking for women who:
– Want to give back and make a difference in a young woman’s life.
– Care about young women, believe in investing in the future, and are good listeners.
– Can see a teen girl for who she reallyÂ is no matter if her air color is blonde, black, brunette-or even purple.
– Can be a good role model for girls who will pursue professional and non-professional jobs, motherhood and life.
– Work or live in the greater southwest Snohomish County area.
The next new mentor training will be on Aug. 16 from 9 a.m.-noon.Â Contact Dawn Hart, Assistant Principal at College Place Middle School, before Aug. 10 to be trained for 2010-2011. She can be reached via email at [email protected] or by calling 425-431-7457. You can also contact the Edmonds Public Schools Foundation at [email protected]