Howard Chermak of Edmonds-based Chermak Construction, Inc. (and a My Edmonds News sponsor) will receive the 2010 John M. Fluke Sr. Community Service Award tonight at the Lynnwood Convention Center.
The award is presented annually by The South Snohomish County Chamber of Commerce to honor an outstanding individual who has made significant contributions to the community, and to recognize entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to our region.
Throughout his career, Chermak has been committed to excellence. Since incorporating Chermak Construction, Inc. in 1989, Chermak and his firm have received numerous awards from local, regional and national organizations and publications. The company philosophy is “Have fun, make money, and provide opportunity,” under the motto “Chermak Cares.”
Among Chermak’s many community contributions:
– Charter member, board member and past president of the Alderwood-Terrace Rotary Club and chair of the club’s Christmas Sharing & Caring Tree established in the Alderwood Mall.
– Board member of the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce
– President of Le Tip of Downtown Seattle
– Edmonds Community College Distinguished Alumnae Achievement Award recipient
– Co-founder of the Francis T. Miller Organ Transplant Fund via the Swedish Foundation
– Member and president of Stevens Hospital Foundation Board
– Past President of Remodeler’s Council, Master Builders Association of King & Snohomish Counties