The Edmonds Driftwood Players, a non-profit community theater, will award scholarships of $500 or more to deserving students who will attend college in the 2011-12 school year and who currently reside in or attend school in the South Snohomish or Northwest King County school district areas.
Student applicants shall have demonstrated talent in the theaer arts (performance or technical areas) and intend to continue studying theatre arts in college.
Deadline for applications is April 11, 2011.
Students are required to submit the following information for consideration for the scholarship awards:
1. Student name, address, phone number. Parent name(s) and address(es)
2. Name of your current school and counselor or advisor.
3. A list of high school or college extracurricular activities, and any awards or honors received.
4. Intended college for fall 2011.
5. A letter from your teacher in your school’s Theater Department or other theater mentor.
6. An essay of 300 words about your interest in theater arts and what you plan to study in college.
7. Transcript of grades, including the 1st semester of senior year or latest semester of college.
8. Date of awards ceremonies at your high school (if applicable).
Winners will be selected by an evaluation of the above information.
Send application information postmarked by April 11, 2010 to:
Driftwood Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 385, Edmonds, WA 98020
Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.
By commenting here you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. Please read our code at the bottom of this page before commenting.