If you have a green thumb or are trying to cultivate one, there are several-gardening related events in Edmonds this weekend, including:
– The 17th annual Edmonds Museum Garden Market opens at 9 a.m. in the Public Safety complex parking lot at 5th and Bell. You can look forward to browsing early locally grown vegetables, plant starts and yard art. The market will take place every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.until June 2, when the 120-plus vendor Edmonds Museum Summer Market begins, running every Saturday through October 1.
– During the market, budding young gardeners can plant containers with flowers as colorful living gifts for Mothers Day, then join the Children’s Fairy Flower Parade from the Edmonds Library at 11 a.m. Kids can also make a Mother’s Day Card at C’est La Vie, 320 5th Ave. S.
– The Edmonds Floretum Garden Club holds its annual plant sale from 9 a.m. to noon at the southwest corner of the Edmonds PCC store, 9803 Edmonds Way. The sale features plants from club members’ gardens, including perennials, herbs, various shrubs, ground covers, and other miscellaneous live plants. There will also be a garden boutique featuring garden art, containers and other gardening items.
Other events of note this weekend:
– The Edmonds-based Sculptors Workshop hosts its annual Spring Pottery Sale today and Saturday at the Frances Anderson Center, 700 Dayton Ave. Featured one-of-a-kind artworks include garden art, birdbaths, fountains, dinnerware, trays and bowls. The Sculptors Workshop is a pottery cooperative has been in Edmonds for over 30 years, and artists will be on site during the sale to talk about their art. Sale hours are 2-8 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. For more information, contact Julie Perrine, 425-774-1842.
– The Chinese Acrobats of Hebei present their show of magic, acrobatics and juggling at 7:30 p.m. tonight at Edmonds Center for the Arts. Tickets are available at ec4arts.org, or call 425-275-9595.
– EuropaKids International Preschool, which opened recently at 22009 76th Ave. W., is holding an open house Saturday from 10 a.m-12:30 p.m. Interested families should RSVP by sending an email to [email protected] or by calling 206-708-5784.
– Kebella’s Pizza and Pasta (formerly Romio’s) at 630 Edmonds Way is featuring live Greek music from 7:30-10 p.m. Saturday.
– Second Class Improv on Saturday will present its premier show – Beginning – followed by Breakout founder Jon Horton and his “one man show” with audience participation at the Phoenix Theater in Firdale Villae, 9673 Firdale Ave. Tickets are $5, with all money to benefit the Phoenix Theatre.