We weren’t able to access the online agenda on the City of Edmonds website Monday afternoon to get more details, but here’s the basic agenda for Tuesday night’s Edmonds City Council meeting:
Call to Order and Flag Salute
1. ( 5 Min.) Approval of Agenda
2. ( 5 Min.) Approval of Consent Agenda Items (no discussion on these items)
A. Roll Call
B. Approval of City Council Meeting Minutes of June 28, 2011.
C. Approval of claim checks #126294 through #126402 dated June 30, 2011 for $277,751.78.
D. Acceptance of Quit Claim Deed for Old Milltown Courtyard.
E. Police Department Annual Report 2010.
F. Ordinance approving a change in zoning for certain real property located at 9511 and 9513 Edmonds Way from Residential Single Family (RS-8) to Residential Multifamily (RM-1.5).
G. Ordinance amending the Edmonds Community Development Code by repealing and reenacting the provisions of Chapter 20.50 (Wireless Communications Facilities) and amending other references and definitions as necessary.
H. Ordinance relating to reducing setback requirements in the BN zone, allowing setbacks in the Westgate portion of the BN zone to be reduced as long as certain design standards are met, amending Edmonds Community Development Code Section 16.45.020 and establishing a 12-month sunset period for the ordinance.
3. ( 5 Min.) Community Service Announcement: Walk Back in Time Tour of the Edmonds Memorial Cemetery.
4. ( 5 Min.) Community Service Announcement: Edmonds Petanque Club.
5. ( 5 Min.) Proclamation for Parks and Recreation Month.
6. (15 Min.) Public hearing on the application for a renewal of a Concession Agreement. The agreement is for the use of the public right-of-way to vend food and beverages. The site is located at James Street immediately east of the ferry holding lanes and is adjacent to the SR104 park. (Applicant: Kalani Kahaialii, Angelo Narciso, Cyndi Aiona Cook / Shorts ‘N Slippas, LLC)
7. (30 Min.) Public hearing on the Planning Board recommendation regarding a Comprehensive Plan Amendment by Sidney Odgers and Ken & Audrey Darwin for a proposed change in plan designation from “Single Family Urban 1” to “Edmonds Way Corridor” for three properties in the Single Family Residential (RS-8) zone. Location: 8609/8611/8615 – 244th Street SW, Edmonds. (File No. AMD20110001)
8. Audience Comments (3 minute limit per person) Regarding matters not listed on the Agenda as Closed Record Review or as Public Hearings.
9. (30 Min.) Update on medical marijuana dispensaries.
10. (15 Min.) Discussion and potential action: Proposed Resolution regarding Council review of medical benefits.
11. (10 Min.) Approval of Memorandum of Understanding for Interjurisdictional Affordable Housing Program.
12. ( 5 Min.) Mayor’s Comments
13. (15 Min.) Council Comments
The meeting start at 7 p.m. at the Public Safety Complex Council Chambers, 250 5th Ave. N., Edmonds.
Tonight’s agenda is now online.
Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.
By commenting here you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. Please read our code at the bottom of this page before commenting.