Electrical fire displaces family from Edmonds home Monday

A family of four was displaced from their Edmonds home by an electrical fire that started in the attic Monday morning.

The residents reported the fire around 8:55 a.m. at their split-entry home in the 7900 block of 218th Street Southwest. “Family members reported smelling smoke around 3 a.m., but couldn’t find the source. They didn’t discover the fire until just before 9 a.m. when a family member went outside and saw smoke coming from the roof,” said Leslie Hynes, public information officer for Snohomish County Fire District 1, which provides fire and emergency medical service in Edmonds.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the attic. Damage is estimated at $8,000. “There wasn’t a lot of fire damage to the structure, but the electrical system needs extensive repairs before power can be restored. The family will be displaced until those repairs can be made,” Hynes said

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.

By commenting here you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. Please read our code at the bottom of this page before commenting.