The Port Commission of the Port of Edmonds at its meeting last week elected the following commission officers for 2014: President, Mary Lou Block; Vice President, David Preston; Secretary, Bruce Faires.
The port also:
• Formalized the dates and locations for 2014 Port Commission meetings: second and last Mondays of each month at 7 p.m. in the Port Commission meeting room.
• Approved a prepayment on a $10 million loan that results in an eight-year saving of $193,000 for the Port.
• Adopted an updated investment policy superseding all previous such policies and opened accounts to activate the terms of the policy.
• Authorized purchase of a new marina management software program. The purchase was anticipated and included in the Port’s 2014 capital budget.
• Heard a report of Port maintenance and repair projects completed during 2013 and those anticipated during the coming year.