Have you ever thought about putting solar panels on your rooftop? For a limited time, you can team up with your neighbors to receive a substantial group discount on rooftop solar energy system.
Workshops are scheduled in August and September to learn more about Solarize South County, a grassroots initiative that includes volunteers from Lynnwood, Edmonds, Mountlake Terrace and Woodway working together to streamline the process of purchasing a solar system while getting a great group discount!
Solarize South County is a collaborative effort of those volunteers, along with Northwest Sustainable Energy for Economic Development (Northwest SEED), the Snohomish County PUD and the City of Edmonds.
To qualify for a free site assessment and Solarize pricing, interested residents and business owners are invited to attend a free educational workshop. Registration is now open at www.solarizewa.org/registration.
Workshops are set for the following dates and locations:
• Tuesday, Aug. 5, 6:30-8 p.m., Edmonds City Hall, Brackett Room (121 Fifth Ave. N., Edmonds)
• Wednesday August 20, 6:30-8 p.m., Lynnwood Library (19200 – 44th Ave. W., Lynnwood)
• Thursday, Aug. 28, 12-1 p.m., online webinar
• Saturday, Sept. 13, 10-11:30 a.m., Edmonds City Hall, Brackett Room (121 Fifth Ave. N., Edmonds)
• Tuesday, Sept. 23, Noon-1 pm, online webinar
Please note that this program is only open to residents and small businesses in the following zip codes: 98026, 98037, 98036, 98043 and 98020.