The City of Edmonds, City of Lynnwood, City of Mountlake Terrace, Edmonds Senior Center and the Verdant Health Commission are partnering to coordinate community walks, led by volunteers, for individuals and families.
The public is invited to join. Walks will typically be two to three miles and will take about an hour to complete. South County Walks is family-friendly and open to anyone interested, of all abilities. This is a drop-in program, with no RSVP or advance registration required, and you can join in at any time.
Walk locations are as follows:
- Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. – depart from and return to the Edmonds Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave, Edmonds, WA 98020
- The routes will vary slightly each week, but the walk will always start at end at the senior center with a portion of every walk taking place along the waterfront. Walks will include portions on paved paths or sidewalks and might also include trails, including the Edmonds Marsh Path and Civic Center Playfield.
- Thursdays at 6 p.m. – depart from and return to the Lynnwood Recreation Center, 18900 44th W, Lynnwood, WA 98036
- Each walk will feature portions of Lynnwood’s Mesika Trail and city sidewalks. Lengths will vary and may include two loops of the same route.
- Mondays at 6 p.m. – depart from and return to the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036.
- Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. – depart from and return to the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion, 5303 228th St. SW, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
- The weekly route will include city sidewalks and paths surrounding the Evergreen Playfields.