The Washington State Ferries has released its Draft Long Range Plan, and will an open house on the plan in Edmonds Thursday, Oct. 4 from 6-8 p.m. at the Edmonds Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave.
Washington State Ferries submitted a Long Range Plan progress report to the state Legislature on June 29, 2018. The report outlines WSF’s long range planning process, summarizes community outreach efforts and early public feedback, and offers preliminary findings and possible strategies that will be included in the Long Range Plan.
Check out the full Community Engagement Summary to learn more.
The goal is to plan for the future of the ferry system through 2040. The plan will:
- Consider demographic trends and ridership forecasts
- Look at the condition of the ferry fleet, terminals, and access to them
- Evaluate our work force and operations
- Identify opportunities to use new technology and prepare for climate change
- Review and update performance measures
You can learn more and see a complete list of all open house dates and locations here.