One firefighter sent to hospital following house fire in Esperance Saturday night


South County Fire & Rescue crews Saturday night responded to a house fire in the Esperance neighborhood that sent one firefighter to the hospital as a precaution.

South County Fire spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said the fire was reported at 10:19 p.m. in the 8600 block of 224th Street Southwest. “Crews arrived to heavy smoke and flames inside the structure,” she said. “There was fire in the attic that was difficult to access.”

One firefighter was transported to the hospital as a precaution and later released.

There were no other injuries and no word yet on the fire’s cause or dollar loss, Hynes said.

Residents of the home will be displaced, but it was unclear as of Sunday morning how many people were affected, she added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *