Nominees should be a civic-minded citizen active in civic affairs, community activities and/or business pursuits. It is open to individuals as volunteers or professionals in the line of duty.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 10, 2019.
Guidelines for selection are:
• To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than the material values of life.
• To encourage the daily living of the golden rule in all human relationships.
• To promote the adoption and application of higher social, business and professional standards.
• To develop by precept and example a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
• To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, render altruistic service and build better communities.
• To cooperate in creating and maintaining the sound public opinion and idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.
The Kiwanis Club of Edmonds will select a winner from the nominations submitted by citizens at large. Nominations are requested from individuals or groups in Edmonds, who complete the nomination form provided. You can find the form online here, the Edmonds branch of Sno-Isle Libraries or the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce Office. Nominations should be sent to: Kiwanis, P.O. Box 221, Edmonds, WA 98020, and must be postmarked on or before May 10, 2019.
The award will be presented at the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce luncheon on May 23, 2019.